Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cucumber Coconut Smoothie...Delish!!!

I am a smoothie-aholic!! I loved smoothies before I got pregnant with my munchkin, but once I was pregnant and in my 2nd and 3rd trimester, I would get the very common heartburn. So, one thing I decided to try for my dinners were smoothies. I am not talking about smoothies with ice cream and fruit either. I am talking about beautiful bright green smoothies! Spinach, kale, avocado, cucumber...just throw it all in! Not only did I  have little to no heartburn when I would drink a smoothie for dinner, I also knew that my little one was getting lots of healthy nutrients (I also always kid around that this is why we never had to hold her head up...she was born holding it up herself, and I am not kidding about that!!!). And to this day, my little munchkin still loves my green smoothies!

Today, I wanted to try something a little different and to be honest, I wasn't sure if I would like it, but sometimes I just have these feelings about things...ok, maybe call it a crazy idea, and I try them, and what do ya know...not bad at all! Ok, I had some cilantro in the fridge that I needed to use up, so here is what went into my Vitamix:

1 cup light coconut milk (you can sub with regular instead of light)
1/2 to 1 cup water
1 small cucumber, sliced
1 bunch of cilantro
1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder of choice (I used my Life's Basics Plant Protein Mix in Natural Vanilla - I love this!)
2 tsp agave
A dash of cinnamon
5-7 ice cubes

Blend until smooth! Now, try it!



Ok, if you don't like cilantro, you probably aren't going to like this, but fortunately for me, I love cilantro and LOVED this smoothie! I will definitely be making this again...as soon as I go to the store for more cilantro!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Is that the type of protein powder we got you? That sounds good, but I don't love cilantro, maybe I'll try it without? Or less of it. That's if we can get it together enough to go to the store for some cucumber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's the same protein powder! I love it and only use it now. :) Although I just used it up, and that was a second one, so I need to buy more. Instead of cilantro, you could use spinach or kale. It would be just as yummy!

      Delete