Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Transformation Tuesday!!

I always feel bad for Tuesdays. I mean they really get jipped!! I was even telling my yoga students this, because I teach on Tuesday evenings. Think about it, Monday get the bad rap for being the first day of the five day work week. Wednesday is "hump day" and Thursday is the day BEFORE Friday, so people even love Thursday, and well, Friday is TGIF!! So, I truly believe that Tuesday gets jipped.

But, at least we can have TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY! WOOHOO!!

And since my blog is about all things healthy and healing and real life, here are some transformations that I have made. I love giving new life to old things!
I love this buffet, not only because it came out exactly how I imagined, but also because I found it on Craigslist for $50! It was missing a drawer, but my dad made me a drawer to match! And, I used the same hardware, just spray painted them with the Antique Bronze spray paint.
So, something you may not have known about me....two things I LOVE: Chalk paint and General Finishes Gel Stain in Java!
I didn't have a chance to take a picture of the chairs before I recovered them, but this is them now, and if I want to recover them again someday, SUPER easy to do!!
I know lots of people love Annie Sloan Chalk paint, and so do I! But, I like to use Benjamin Moore Chalkboard Paint. I get it from Pacific Ace Hardware in Vacaville. They mix it right there, so I can choose from any color they have on the little swatches. A bit more cost efficient and it works great! I am lazy and rarely sand my pieces and it works fabulous!

I also like to make my own chalk paint by adding a powder additive that I buy (for all I know it is actually chalk powder) to a regular flat latex paint, and BAM!! I just made my own chalk paint for cheap, cheap!! If you are interested, I use Webster's Chalk Paint Powder.

We recently remodeled our home, and this was one of the projects that I tackled.


Ahhh, the General Finishes Gel Stain! This looks like a huge project, and I thought so too, at first, but it really wasn't that bad. NO SANDING! I did it in sections, because I was applying it during the girls' nap time. There is another section that you can't see in the picture, but total labor time (not including drying) was about 5-6 hours. COMPLETE transformation!! In case you are interested in the gel stain, I bought mine on Amazon, partly because I love Amazon Prime and partly because I don't drag my two girls 4 and 18 months (and younger at the time I bought it) anywhere I absolutely don't have to!

Another Craigslist find, and it has a gorgeous mirror too! Sanded the edges after for a distressed look for my oldest daughter's room.
Do you have some projects you have just been too nervous to tackle because you are afraid to mess them up? DON'T BE!! This is super easy! If I can do it, anyone can!


Of course, Craigslist finds!! $10 chairs (I think, they could have been less). 
My motto is REVAMP, RENEW, REUSE!! Make something old look brand new! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment