Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Quinoa Power Breakfast & Leaving the City of Your Comfort

I found a quote the other day that said, "You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness or you intuition. What you will discover will be wonderful. What you will discover is yourself." 

This made me think back to about 5 months ago when I started my yoga teacher training journey. The first time we all came together as a group of yoga teacher trainees was for the Friday afternoon class at Akasha Davis. All of the trainees were asked to put their mats in the back row, and then we were all handed black bandannas...which we were to wear as blindfolds through the ENTIRE 75 minute class!

As you can imagine, that was both scary and humbling! But, by the end of the class, what I came to realize was how much I was missing by simply neglecting to close my eyes and allow my other senses to take over! Ironically, closing my eyes was extremely eye OPENING!

Sometimes we don't need to go very far to "leave the city of our comfort." Maybe we only need to take one small step.

So, I challenge you to try something NEW! It can be anything, big or small, but it has to benefit your well-being, either physically, mentally, or emotionally. You be the judge.

You could even try this for breakfast, instead of your same ol' bowl of cereal!

Quinoa Power Breakfast

What you will need:
  • 1 cup Cooked Quinoa (TIP: Make a bunch the night before and put it in the fridge! Left over quinoa is a quick and easy breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack...you name it!)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup Fresh or frozen berries
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • Agave (to taste)
  • Almond Milk (to taste)




Directions:

  1. Stir quinoa, egg, vanilla and cinnamon together
  2. Place in microwave and cook for 1.5 to 2 minutes (or until egg is cooked)
  3. Add a splash of Almond Milk, berries, and drizzle with some agave.
  4. Enjoy your protein-packed breakfast!!




This is one of my Go-To breakfast recipes! Hope you love it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment